The Garment of Praise || Spoken Words

The Garment of Praise || Spoken Words

Spoken Words by Olayemi Peace
GARMENT OF PRAISE

Naked did I come to this world
Naked will I return
But while on earth
it is shameful for my nakedness to be seen
and garments must be worn.

I was quickly clothed
after my birth to protect me
As I morphed through life
I changed my apparel.

Life gave me several clothing items
And I wore them with the circumstance that brought them
Over time, my clothes became ragged
My appearance was filthy and I was a mess
Everyone avoided me as I stank.

I was part of the 'crazy ones' roaming the streets.
You could say that I belonged to the street.
In my wanderings, I heard someone say,
"You don't have to wear these filthy garments
I have the surest clothing plug".

I drew near to Him and asked about what He said.
If He was repulsed by me
He gave no indication of it.
He happily referred me to the most exquisite clothing store I have ever seen.

I looked at the store afar off
it was magnificent
I was ashamed to move close
I was scared that I would be mocked and denied entry
But the inscription on the store caught my eye
'Not by merit, but by Mercy'.

I walked up to the store and stood before the attendant
The store manager looked up at me and told the attendant,
"Get rid of these filthy garments"
I was taken to a wash room and washed clean
Then, He clothed me with the garments of salvation.

As I put on these garments
He said
"As long as you keep your garments unsoiled, they'd last"
He also gave me the garment of praise and adorned me with jewels
In the dressing room, I put these on,
and as I looked in the mirror admiring myself,
He said, "Praise befits the upright, praise looks good on you".

PRAISE LOOKS GOOD ON YOU by Don Moen
When you lift your hands up high
And you sing a song of praise to me
It brings me great delight
Such a lovely sight
And yes, it is true
Praise looks good on you.

Morning, night and noon
Your praise ascends to heaven
Like the smell of sweet perfume
Filling every room
And yes, it is true
Praise looks good on you.

You bring your sacrifices
And you offer up your praise
You lift your voice with singing
But your heart seems far away
More than a sacrifice
I am looking for your life
Holy and acceptable
And pleasing in my sight.

So offer up your lives
Holy and acceptable
A willing sacrifice
Precious in my sight
But in all that you do
Remember all I want is you.

dlcfunibadanuidlcf

Post a Comment

0 Comments