A Very Personal Story about the Power of Gratitude & Simplicity

A Very Personal Story about the Power of Gratitude & Simplicity

In the midst of our tiny house journey was a the drama of having to take a client to court. It was a nightmare on every level because we completed a pipe organ, and the client was a Lutheran church (to this day all the other Lutherans I have met have been lovely people - so this is NOT a Lutheran thing) and they refused to pay the final 5-figure payment. In the midst of the self pity and the pain of being abused by a church leader... I had to make the mindset move out of victimhood and angst and fear into gratitude. And little by little, gratitude began to change everything. Gratitude is a choice, and sometimes it has to be made minute by minute by minute... but it has the power to transform *how it feels* to survive a difficult situation - and it builds resilience in us. Gratitude gave us a Teflon coating when we were in battle on every side. Living simply gave us a Teflon coating when we were financially under pressure. It sure seemed that the pastor of this church was trying to take down our small company... (and the general contractor on the job) but we were wearing Teflon because of Gratitude and Simplicity. So today, whatever Goliath you are facing... take some time to look around at the life you have and pick 20 things to be grateful for... then go for 30! Even if it is something as simple as the delicious flavor of this M&M. You've got something to be grateful for. And when you begin to spend your mental focus on that instead of the multiple ways you are a victim... the tide will turn. The MINDSET of gratitude is LIFE CHANGING!

♥Do you need inspiration?  Do you want to develop new mindsets and habits that set you up for success in God's calling on your life?  Have you been taking care of everyone else and now you're running on empty? If so... I got you ...because I get you! I'm mining deep and bringing you information and inspiration.
I'm here to help you grow a more connected, contented and purposeful life!

♥Years ago we sold our busy restaurant and bought a tiny house.

♥THAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF A SEASON OF TRANSFORMATION IN MY LIFE ~ ONE THAT CONTINUES TO THIS DAY.

♥Living in a 8x16 ft tiny house for more than three years gave me the opportunity to learn some powerful truth. I didn't realize how much materialism was in my life - how much I based my own worth on the things I owned. I didn't know how connected I was to dominant cultural ideas until life conspired to rattle me loose from some very challenging mindsets. It was uncomfortable. At times it was painful... and yet it was transformative.

♥I've come through betrayal, infertility, a failed international adoption, a marriage that turned abusive, and divorce. I've made huge mistakes and learned from most of them. Having experienced the depths of life, I'm intentionally putting aside the fear, shame, and conformity that got me into such a chaotic mess. I am leaning into the holy work of mindset transformation.  I'm more of a journalist than a guru, and I'm more at home with Thoreau than any pop culture icon. I am here to report on what actually helps. I'm here to walk with you in your own journey to transformation.  I'm here to share what I'm learning about simplicity, mindset, and purpose to encourage you!

♥Visit my Patreon Community to learn how you can enjoy 4 new weekly videos, 1 weekly “Weave & Mend” LIVE prayer and prophetic flow video, journal prompts, and Patreon-only learning events. AND FOR A LIMITED TIME: Learn how to get YOUR NAME in a video when I say thank you for joining the community! Don't hesitate! This offer won't last long!

JOIN THE MOUNTAIN TOP COMMUNITY AND ENJOY THE CONTENTMENT THAT COMES FROM LIVING IN SIMPLICITY AND PURPOSE WITH EMPOWERING HABITS AND MINDSETS: https://www.patreon.com/carmenshenk

♥ My dandelion seeds float on these breezes:
♥ CarmenShenk.com: https://carmenshenk.com/
♥ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carmenroses...
♥ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarmenRoseShenk
♥ Twitter: https://twitter.com/CarmenShenk
♥Mailing address: Carmen Shenk 1430 N Augusta St. #2884, Staunton, VA 24402

prophetic minimalist artistsimplify my lifehow to simplify your life

Post a Comment

0 Comments